Implementation Engineers is seeking a client-facing Senior Data Engineer to join its newly launched Industry 4.0 Practice, BEYOND i4.0, to be a hands-on builder of scalable technologies within the manufacturing, supply chain, and operational space. In this role, you will expand and optimize client data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimize data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who develops with a UX/UI mindset, knowing that end-user adoption of their tools is the most critical aspect of Data Engineering. In this role, you will support Data Citizens, Data Consumers, and Database architects on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture that provides highly accessible and accurate data to users. As a valued team member in this role, you are self-directed, resourceful, and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Build automated & self-service data products in Microsoft Power Platform
- Design, validate, publish and support Business Intelligence solutions based on business requirements and technical specifications (SSMS, SQL Server, Power Apps, Power Flow, Power BI)
- Perform data ETL manipulation and cleansing to create and prepare datasets for enterprise visualization using M language and other tools.
- Collaborate with the BI Team to design and implement schemas that efficiently and accurately render data
- End-to-end ownership to develop, publish & schedule Power BI desktop reports
- Work with client IT staff to configure all aspects of the power platform, including MS Gateways, Power BI Subscription Services service, RLS, Power BI connects
- Gather and organize data in R, Python, and Power Query
- Design snowflake and star-schema data models that facilitate the analysis of information
- Assist with the design and development of cube \ metadata using best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer science, Data Science, Finance/Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent with a focus on practical deployment.
- Database Management Tools:
- Relational – e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or similar
- NoSQL – e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, or similar
- Cloud-based – e.g. AWS (Redshift or DynamoDB, Azure (SQL Server or Cosmos DB), or similar
- Automated ETL Tools:
- Informatica, Alteryx, Talend, Microsoft SSIS, or similar
- Python Data Manipulation/Analysis - Pandas, NumPy
- Intermediate proficiency with DAX language on large, multi-table Power BI datasets
- Expert proficiency with the Power BI Service platform
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL to solve complex information problems
- 5+ years of experience with data visualization and implementing high-value solutions
- 5+ years of experience working in a client-facing technical role
- 2+ years in developing BI reports, dashboards, and scorecard reports.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing proficiency preferred
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Supply Chain a plus
- Strong business acumen and management skills
- Strong client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen (candidates who are not current US Citizens will not be considered for this role)
- We welcome applications from candidates directly - no agencies please.
- Employment type: Full-time – direct
- US Citizenship required
- 50-75% of US travel required
- We take our clients beyond data to optimize their business for Industry 4.0
With the advent of Industry 4.0 (i4.0), factories of the future will be driven by interconnected operations and automated actions. This presents companies with unique opportunities as well as unique challenges when navigating this transformation. We implement operational and organizational improvements by moving beyond data into actionable strategies that drive near-term value and long-term competitiveness, helping our clients realize the full potential of technology by connecting i4.0 applications to the shop floor.
Learn more about our opportunities and read our case studies by visiting our website.