Elgin Community College
Data Specialist - Institutional Advancement
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
This position applies an advanced knowledge of research methodology and data collection techniques as a project leader and technical expert in conducting and analyzing difficult and complex institutional advancement projects.
- Perform data evaluation and analysis projects for Institutional Advancement.
- Data visualization and reporting
- Survey development and administration
- Participation in College Committees/Activities
- Original Research and Development
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required in a related field.
- Two or more years of experience in data analysis with a non-profit.
- Proficiency with statistical software, such as SPSS or SAS.
- Experience using data visualization software, such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Access
- Familiarity with the development, management, and use of relational databases and in querying, creating and maintaining working datasets from an ERP/student information system (e.g., Ellucian Colleague, Banner, etc.)
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience presenting and discussing statistical analysis and research findings to a wide variety of audiences with varying levels of statistical understanding
- Ability to produce and communicate written information in a professional manner to a variety of audiences
- Excellent oral communication skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in data analysis with a non-profit in higher education preferred.
- Familiarity with CRM software preferred, especially Raiser's Edge.
- Syntax/programming experience with SPSS or SAS preferred.
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce