Data Scientists in the ESPN+ Analytics team focus on informing content decisions for ESPN+ through data modeling, analysis, and actionable insight generation. These analysts focus on improving business results through the combination of statistical rigor, data analysis, and fast paced execution with an emphasis on driving actionable business recommendations.
- Modeling, Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this data scientist will be tasked with creating models that ascribe value to content and can inform content development decisions.
- Experimentation: Develop test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically, technically, and statistically.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years of analytical experience.
- 3+ years work experience using SQL
- 2+ years Python/R or other statistical programming language
- Experience with advanced data modeling and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
- Advanced degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience