“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Consumer Insights, Measurement, & Analytics (CIMA), part of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Global Marketing & Sales organization, informs strategy development and decision-making through holistic data integration, objective data analytics, and actionable recommendations. Within CIMA, the Digital Analytics team is focused on leveraging best practices in web analytics to capture data, perform analysis and optimize our websites to drive Guest satisfaction and business outcomes.
The Digital Analyst must possess a passion for analytics and digital technology. He/she will play a critical role in delivering accurate, insightful analysis to drive decision-making throughout the organization. The person must be comfortable working with partner teams, conducting both planned and ad hoc analyses, preparing reports, and communicating insights to a variety of audiences.
The position reports to the Manager, Travel Operations Analytics and does not have direct reports.
- Manage the compilation and dissemination of regular (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) reports on performance of the digital channel.
- Generate insight from site data and communicate opportunities or issues.
- Collaborate with business, technology and analytics partners to determine needs and assist with defining data collection requirements.
- Work with implementation specialists to validate website tracking.
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for business and technical audiences.
- Leverage analytics to continuously recommend optimization tactics that will improve site performance.
- Support business unit teams, product management groups and other teams with ad-hoc reporting and in-depth website analysis.
- Define and execute quality assurance procedures to ensure accuracy of analytical output.
- Create presentations to highlight analysis and tell the story.
- 3+ years relevant work experience in an analytical field
- 2+ years of experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe SiteCatalyst or Google Analytics
- Ability to derive actionable insights from data and effectively guide decision-making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- 5+ years web analytics experience
- Travel industry and ecommerce experience
- Experience with A/B testing and website optimization
- Ability to apply statistical rigor to analyses
- Knowledge of web page construction and/or user experience design
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- Experience with SQL, Hive, SAS and/or other programming languages
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical/quantitative field – e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing analytics, engineering, etc.
- Master’s degree in an analytical/quantitative field or equivalent work experience