Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) uses the Intellectual Property Management (IPM) system to manage the revenue accounting function for the global licensing contracts.
The Senior Business Analyst – Revenue Accounting Solutions should have a Finance or Accounting background to leverage during engagement with DCPI’s Controllership and Finance business partners.
This individual will engage with Controllership, Revenue Accounting and Finance teams from each Line of Business. The analyst needs to have a global perspective, looking across all regions when developing solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The analyst will ensure IT processes are repeatable, recommending smart approaches to gather requirements and deliver projects while providing business value. The analyst will identify and assess potential “forward-thinking” solutions for both technical and business feasibility.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will focus on 5 key areas of responsibility: Business Engagement, Project Delivery, Project Management, Quality Assurance, and Production Support while interacting with on and offshore development resources, vendors, professional service providers, and global business partners.
- Follow established demand management and governance processes to engage global business partners on requirements gathering and request prioritization
- Develop business analysis deliverables, including but not limited to, workflows and process models, detailed business requirements, use cases, business rules, release notes, change management documentation, project approval requests, etc.
- Conduct reviews and obtain consensus on requirements with global business users as well as with internal application teams
- Partner with the project delivery team to assess technical feasibility and obtain estimates for backlog items
- Review design documents and obtain regional consensus and user approvals
- Manage blockers and impediments to the release plan
- Identify and mitigate project risks
- Demonstrate knowledge and mastery of Agile project methodology and change management principles
- Develop and maintain project plans to track milestones and detailed tasks and drive the implementation of projects
- Write and communicate project status including, but not limited to weekly project status reports
- Manage resource allocations across projects
- Oversee planning, organization, coordination, and execution of quality assurance activities
- Create test strategy, test scenarios, and produce and execute test scripts for new applications and enhancements
- Conduct functional, integration and user acceptance testing for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Ensure a stable and predictable operating environment for the user community, which includes proper problem identification, timely escalation and resolution, and thorough testing of software changes.
- Lead analysis efforts to resolve day-to-day production issues which are escalated from Level 1/Level 2 Support Teams
- Functional responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of accounting, finance and IT standards
- Demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge of the concepts, capabilities, and integration of relational databases and packaged software
- Assists in the management of lower level team member performance by providing leadership and direction, setting clear expectations and communicating feedback regularly.
- 8+ years in business systems analysis with at least 5 years of experience with large scale and complex systems
- Understanding of Licensing and Consumer Products industry with demonstrated domain experience in Revenue Accounting, Finance and Contract Management Systems including, but not limited to contract processes and practices, licensee royalty statement submission processes, royalty and revenue transaction processing
- Experience with highly integrated accounting applications, including interfaces to SAP, forecasting, data warehouses, master data management, and product master is desirable
- Knowledge of KPIs and terms to support reporting for Revenue Accounting, Contract Management, Legal, and Category Management business partners
- Experience with MicroStrategy reporting or equivalent reporting system
- Excellent communication, collaboration and client engagement skills
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to lead cross-team projects
- 5+ years of Project Management experience on complex level projects is desirable
- Scrum Master and Agile certification is preferred
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Google Docs, SharePoint
- HP Toolset: ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), Quality Center, Jira
- Requires BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Finance, Accounting or related field