At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting- edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
At Walt Disney Television, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills.
The Advanced Analytics team within WDT Research is made up of data scientists with a variety of expertise, ranging from data engineering to machine learning to data visualization.
A Day in the Life…
You will support the Advanced Analytics team within the Walt Disney Television Research team. Leveraging tools like Tableau, SQL, R, and Python, you will assist in building out dashboards that automate existing reports, creating visualizations that allow business users to dive deeper into data, perform analysis to improve marketing campaign performance, and much more!
What You Bring to the Role…
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience using SQL to manage large multi-dimensional data sets
- Experience with Python and/or R
- Proficiency in developing Tableau dashboards
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including advanced formulas
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results
- Experience building machine learning models
- Previous experience in News and/or Entertainment, analyzing app behavior
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from September 2019 through December 2019. Must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.