The Web Analytics Technical Implementation Manager will play a key role in ensuring proper tagging and reporting set-up to support our clients in accurately measuring the success of their digital assets, platforms and campaigns.
This person will be a subject matter expert on analytics implementation and testing.
One of the primary responsibilities of this role is to implement and validate Google tagging including technical configuration in Google Tag Manager – ensuring that tags fire properly and data flows so that reporting accurately captures the desired actions and behaviors.
This position can be remote. Full time direct or ongoing contract options.
Experience and Responsibilities
- Proven track record of success with Implementing and managing Google Analytics tagging and configuring Google Tag Manager including but not limited to strong understanding of: data layers, tagging, variables, custom metric set up
- Leads initiatives focused on implementation, customization, automation of data collection processes
- Assure proper tracking implementation through an established QA testing process
- Review data trends post-implementation to confirm accuracy and identify anomalies
- Experience tracking behaviors and customized journeys
- Experience working with customer experience platforms and/or marketing automation
- Experience working with 3rd party trackers (DMC,LinkedIN, FB, Twitter, etc)
- Maintain | Modify | Create Tableau dashboards for various business units
- Assist Analytics in automating reporting and data requests (experience with API a plus – Python, R, SQL)
- Validate and troubleshoot tagging & tracking issues as they occur – communicating status/next steps until resolution with all relevant stakeholders
- Work with internal teams & partners in support of tagging needs/management (approvals) for eComm reporting, Paid advertising, testing (Optimize), etc.
- Create and maintain tagging documentation (~20%)
- Quantitative mindset, with a desire to work in a digital data-focused environment
- Savvy with respect to technical concepts and workflows that underpin digital analytics, such as debugging tools (Charles or Firebug), first- vs third-party cookies and data encryption
- Work with team on updating to hidden form fields and changing origins in both parent page and iframes
- Fix decoding for Silverpop to reference Base64 code
- Push decode SP value to GTM data layer
- Provide recommendations on ReadyTalk API
- Completed POC for send GA hits via Measurement Protocol API and Silverpop
- Removed JS errors from GTM
- Save cookie IDs to rsaconference.com domain
- Grap SPs visitor Id and pass it on to GA/GTM custom dimension
- Update GA custom dimension configuration for all properties
- Test importing data from Silverpop using GA UID as key