***This position can be based in Dallas, Texas or Memphis, TN***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated User Experience Architect (UXA) with a passion for using technology to address friction points for people. As a member of the [D³] Design, Delivery + Development team, the UXA is expected to bring to bear their expertise on consumer behavior in web and mobile applications in general and on travel apps in particular. The UXA should build insight to understand the full consumer experience, be the "Voice of the Customer" throughout the organization and ensure it is heard in all decision-making processes that impact the consumer – helping to create and sustain a consumer-centric culture.
More specifically, you will:
- Contribute to Hilton's long-term User Experience strategy roadmap.
- Review and analyze UX and interaction patterns to update the formal pattern library of UX/UI Standards.
- Actively assess and recommend improvements to the user experience.
- Organize and lead Design Sprint/Brainstorming workshops.
- Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization.
- Craft process flows, conceptual diagrams, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Create user-centric concepts by considering customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through the details.
- Brainstorm with multi-functional teams to help develop a creative direction based on user experiences and product requirements.
- Partner with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Confidently defend the design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews.
- Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers.
- Exercise effective communication and training skills to optimize team performance.
- Independently apply specialized skills, conceptual knowledge, training, methods, techniques, and experience.
- Independently oversee small/non-complex projects, or independently perform segments of larger projects.
- Work with visual designers and quality assurance teams to ensure the integrity of the user experience in the final product.
- Manage and influence the creative process through successful design completion.
- Visualize design challenges and information in ways that are easy for other team members to comprehend.
- Stay ahead of emerging technologies and find opportunities to incorporate current thinking into product designs.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Be conducive to the evolution of user experiences.
- Ensure changes or additions to digital standards are captured, delivered, and documented.
- Be accountable for training and assisting others with troubleshooting and solving problems. This will involve a significant amount of time. You will assist less experienced staff by providing training and guidance.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Superb communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Employs analytical abilities to synthesize data and build compelling business cases
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge preferred
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR a High School Diploma/GED plus ten (10) years of experience as a user experience architect, product designer, service designer, creative lead, creative director, creative technologist, or in a similar role
- Seven (7) years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, digital/technology strategy or similar role
- Experience with web and mobile based devices
- Experience working in collaboration with a team
- Experience with common design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and OmniGraffle
- Superb presentation and storytelling skills
- Understanding of mobile and accessibility standards
- Travel periodically to other Hilton offices
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience in an agile/scrum environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!