Provide functional and business process expertise to administer and manage the Port of Seattle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution and other relevant subsystems.
This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Progressive Systems Administration
- Functional administration of PeopleSoft Financials and HCM Application Suite: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Project Costing and Asset Management. HCM includes Payroll, Time and Labor, as well as Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service.
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs for AFR Super Users in addition to the Port’s end user stakeholders in both PSFS and HCM.
- Perform requirements definition, functional specification development, application configuration, and partner with ICT on development
- Manage quality assurance by developing and implementing test strategy, test scenarios and test cases followed by executing the tests, debugging and documenting results.
- Advanced information retrieval and complex query development, ensuring the validity of the information produced by PS Query, BI Publisher and nVision reporting/data mining tools.
- Build business cases for new technology projects that include alternative technical solutions, options, risks, cost-benefit analysis, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Interface with staff developing strategy as technical advisor for new functionality from applications, releases, and upgrades as well as with vendor partners to design optimal solutions for integration with PeopleSoft.
Project Leadership and Support
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the needed artifacts (i.e., functional requirements, business requirements document, use cases, interface designs).
- Resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and champion both the people and the project up, down, and across the organization.
- Clarify the duties, roles and functions of project team members and stakeholders and ensure appropriate stakeholder involvement throughout the life of the project.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
Continuous Process Improvement & Lean Culture Adoption
- Evaluate current systems, policies and processes to identify opportunities to best optimize resources by eliminating redundancies and by increasing automation and system functionality.
- Conduct in-depth analysis, including data collection, data analysis, and synthesis of data to generate key insights for projects or Lean deployment strategies.
- Conceive new ideas and take them from concept to reality.
- Facilitate current and future state process mapping sessions with stakeholders in front line improvements.
Training and Support
- Create tutorials, training materials and documentation for business partners and train new end users on related applications.
- Facilitate learning and development workshops with Port business partners related to change management of new systems and/or business processes.
- Provide training in Lean tools and methodologies such as causal analysis, process mapping, brainstorming and countermeasure development.
- Provide training to staff focused on innovation techniques and creative problem-solving in addition to functional PeopleSoft administration and reporting.
- Share, educate, and connect knowledge with the appropriate audiences.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Broad-based accounting knowledge, and an understanding of accounting business process flows; software technology, such as trends, developments, new releases and best practices. Knowledge and experience with application implementation, upgrades, software application, and end-user training. Experience with online training development tools such as UPK. Demonstrated experience in Project Management. Advanced ad-hoc report development, experience with data query tools, and workflow administration; functional/technical knowledge of system security roles and set up. Familiarity with Microsoft applications to include Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Frontpage, and SharePoint. Knowledge and understanding of the functionality of nVision development and running reports.
Skills in the following areas: verbal and written communication, listening and negotiation problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking with ability to read, comprehend and apply legal and/or technical requirements.
Ability to take initiative, work independently, make sound decisions and with others in a team environment. Ability to be flexible in order to adjust to changing priorities, with ability to multi-task. Ability to conceptualize and see “the big picture” and its process flows of the organization. Ability to facilitate discussions with business areas to gain acceptance and ownership for improved business processes, system functionality and efficient use of systems and work with and/or lead diverse work groups and individuals at all levels. Ability to troubleshoot and analyze system issues. Ability to serve as a functional/technical lead on projects, plan out direction of the project, guide and assist other users on the team, with ability to facilitate and maintain execution for a successful implementation.
Combination of education and experience demonstrative knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field; and
- Eight (8) years of experience with automated financial and accounting system;
- Experience with financial system applications such as PeopleSoft applications, system implementation, upgrades, maintenance, system configuration, report development, tables, and security administration.
- Experience with business process analysis, project management and web related experience, including building and maintaining web pages, online forms.
- Experience with PeopleSoft UPK.
The Port of Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.