The American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual. As part of the Physician Engagement team, the Senior Data Analyst will manage the development, execution, analysis, and reporting of strategic analytics/big data initiatives that support product and program development for specific business units. Collaborate with internal clients, to define analytics objectives, strategies and tactics to understand business needs and identify solutions.
IN THIS JOB, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with relevant business managers and other stakeholders: defining analytics objectives, methodology and approach; designing analysis plan; synthesizing data from multiple data sources into understandable and actionable information; developing applicable predictive analytics models; and packaging and presenting reports to relevant business unit / broader organization.
- Consult with internal business clients and define/refine analytics goals and plans that support business unit’s decision-making process
- Build client relationships across the organization, promoting contribution of analytics/big data to strategic product and program development and distribution. Represent organization in AMA/enterprise data and analytics initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in statistics, social sciences or an MBA; PhD preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in database analysis, relational database extraction and manipulation, database query with client interface/account management responsibilities working with or in health care or related service organizations.
- Strong statistical and conceptual analysis skills; mastery of traditional analytical tools, such as SPSS/SAS, UNICA, Business Objects, etc; able to manage and integrate insights from multiple data sources, such as AMA Masterfile, CRM database, customer database, AMA custom primary market research and purchased/appended data if available.
- Must exhibit proficiency in the following competencies: quantitative/financial modeling, advanced analytics, predictive modeling, data management (data mining, data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization/presentation).
- Demonstrated marketing skills and proven ability to translate analytics results into strategic implications.
- Innovative thinker with ability to manage multiple and varied projects concurrently, solve problems and maximize resource utilization, including selection, negotiation and management of external service providers.
- Strong client service orientation and related interpersonal skills, including negotiation and consensus building. Excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to work effectively across all levels of an organization
- Project and financial management/stewardship experience with bias toward maximizing value.
- Highest ethical standards, ensuring the integrity of the work product and the resulting value of market research to the organization.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please click the "Apply for Job" button on this page to apply. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION